In the last few years shopping online has become a standard for most people and that experience has become more social. Social Media and business growth are connected today in so many ways. People share their shopping interests on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and now some of these social media applications offer ways to buy directly from posts. These new buying behaviors create more opportunities for ecommerce to grow your business.
Social Media ecommerce is expected to represent 5% of online retail in 2015 which equates to $14 billion in revenue by the end of the year. Larger retailer are aware of these numbers and have invested large portions of their budget to social media marketing. Smaller businesses can also take advantage of social media and direct more interest and business to their website. Here are some strategies to consider.
How or what are the ways social media can improve your business?
• Brand Recognition: This is an opportunity for you to expose and increase your visibility. New customers can be found through posts and news feeds making your business more familiar and recognizable.
• Brand Loyalty: Consumers are very loyal to brands and they will become even more faithful when connected to the brand by following them on social media.
• Conversion Opportunity: The more posts out there about your product or business allows for the opportunity for new customers to convert to you.
• Brand Interaction: Interacting directly with your customer base is good practice. When consumers are happy with your product or service they will brag on social media. This will bring more value to you and attract new customers.
• More Traffic and SEO: The more content you post to social media, the more people you will attract you your site and the more new customers you will introduce to your business. Google is now recording these interactions and calculating them as part of your search engine rankings. So interacting with consumers allows your brand more credibility and visibility.
Now that you see the benefits of social media and business marketing, here are some strategies to follow:
1. Get Personal Engaging with your customers improves brand loyalty and recognition. Suggesting followers to not only comment but to share your posts strengthens your connection to your customer base.
2. Customer Service Always stay on top of positive and negative comments and try to respond to customers within a 12 your window.
3. #Hashtags Useful and relevant #hashtags are good practice for increasing your connection and visibility to consumers.
4. Mobile Sites Make sure your website is mobile friendly and responsive. More and more customers are using their mobile devices: phones and tablets to shop online.
These are just some examples and techniques to improve your business and bottom line using social media.
Contact us today and let’s talk about what we can do for you.
WordPress was created in 2003 and has become the most popular blogging software on the market. WordPress powers more than 24% of the web — a figure that rises every day. This encompasses everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and eCommerce websites, and even applications, are built with WordPress.
Over the last few years, WordPress has also become the CMS (content management system) of choice for non-blogging websites. This allows publishing, editing and revising content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from one central interface. CMSs are often used to run websites containing blogs, news articles, and shopping. Many business and marketing websites use content management systems. A CMS system typically aims to avoid the need for web developer hand coding, but may assist for specific elements or entire pages.
The function and use of Content Management Systems is to store and organize files, and provide specific controlled access to a users data. WordPress CMS features can vary widely. From the Simple system versions that provide a collection of features, and other releases such as enterprise systems, offer more complex and powerful functions.
WordPress is Very Popular
Here are examples why WordPress is so popular and why you might want to consider switching to a WordPress platform for your company’s website.
Ease of Use – The WordPress interface makes website management relatively easy for any level user.
Content Management – WordPress has a robust CMS or Content Management System that allows direct control over website content without the need of a web developer.
Social Media Integration – Social Media is a powerful tool for exposing more people to your website and products and WordPress offers simple connection and incorporation of these web applications to your website.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization – The simplicity of WordPress page’s code allows Google and other search engines to streamline and index your content efficiently
Cost Effective – WordPress websites have many built-in features that make building and maintaining affordable.
If you are looking for a new website Grossman Interactive can discuss your options. We also incorporate WordPress into other website platforms such as Magento. Contact Us for more information.
Here are a couple examples of our most recent WordPress sites.
There are statistics out there that show the average American spends more than two hours a day on their mobile device.
With the growth of mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets – it is increasingly important to ensure your team is familiar with the new technology available. Mobile iOS Apps as well as Android Apps are not just for big business. More and more small businesses are staying ahead of the game and following the mobile trend.
In fact, today you may find that many small businesses you interact with in your everyday life have their own dedicated mobile app — be it the coffee shop in your neighborhood or your favorite local hair salon. These companies are ahead of the game when it comes to taking their marketing to the next level. An App may serve many functions: they can provide general information on promoting new upcoming events, sales, products or services, prices, booking forms, search features, user accounts, messengers, news feeds, and much more.
Mobile Apps can have other benefits for your business such as ads or in app purchases. You have the ability to reach a new set of customers, you may already have a good customer base but this might allow you access to a potentially new audience who might be experiencing your product or brand for the first time.
Mobile Apps Build Brand Loyalty
A mobile app can be a contributing factor to your brands awareness. The more chances you can get users to interact with your app the greater chance they will continue to interact with your business. This interaction builds a connection and cultivates one of the most important factors in business…loyalty.
Now that you can see there are many benefits to have a mobile app developed, now is the time to contact Grossman Interactive and discuss building a mobile app for your business.
The popular high-end audio company, Bowers & Wilkins (www.bowers-wilkins.com) has hired Grossman Interactive to build a new estore for their most popular product, the Zeppelin. The store is being built here for reference: http://store.bowers-wilkins.com. We were tasked to build the estore in under 3 weeks for the pre-black friday (day before thanksgiving) launch. We were successful, and now understand how important the holiday rush can be! B&W had contracted with Wired Magazine to have their product appear on their website in mall kiosks around the US. Our team did get ahold of a Zeppelin, and highly recommend the product for the ipod music enthusiast (and who isn’t these days?).