WordPress was created in 2003 and has become the most popular blogging software on the market. WordPress powers more than 24% of the web — a figure that rises every day. This encompasses everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and eCommerce websites, and even applications, are built with WordPress.
Over the last few years, WordPress has also become the CMS (content management system) of choice for non-blogging websites. This allows publishing, editing and revising content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from one central interface. CMSs are often used to run websites containing blogs, news articles, and shopping. Many business and marketing websites use content management systems. A CMS system typically aims to avoid the need for web developer hand coding, but may assist for specific elements or entire pages.
The function and use of Content Management Systems is to store and organize files, and provide specific controlled access to a users data. WordPress CMS features can vary widely. From the Simple system versions that provide a collection of features, and other releases such as enterprise systems, offer more complex and powerful functions.
WordPress is Very Popular
Here are examples why WordPress is so popular and why you might want to consider switching to a WordPress platform for your company’s website.
- Ease of Use – The WordPress interface makes website management relatively easy for any level user.
- Content Management – WordPress has a robust CMS or Content Management System that allows direct control over website content without the need of a web developer.
- Social Media Integration – Social Media is a powerful tool for exposing more people to your website and products and WordPress offers simple connection and incorporation of these web applications to your website.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization – The simplicity of WordPress page’s code allows Google and other search engines to streamline and index your content efficiently
- Cost Effective – WordPress websites have many built-in features that make building and maintaining affordable.
If you are looking for a new website Grossman Interactive can discuss your options. We also incorporate WordPress into other website platforms such as Magento. Contact Us for more information.
Here are a couple examples of our most recent WordPress sites.
- Metro 1 Properties – http://www.metro1.com/
- Grossman Interactive – http://www.grossmaninteractive.com/